There’s another free tablet program that can be helpful to get a free tablet today, called TruConnect.
It’s also part of the Affordable Connectivity Program. Where to apply for a free Truconnect tablet, the eligibility criteria, and how to get one.
This article will guide you on how to acquire a TruConnect tablet without any cost.
The company offers quality smartphones, free unlimited calling, affordable plans, and a hotspot. Under the T-Mobile network, these services are available. There are some services that TruConnect does not offer and not all people can get free tablets.
The Lifeline programs and EBB programs benefit from the free services and gadgets provided by TruConnect.
TruConnect provides free tablets to applicants with incomes below the federal poverty level. The TruConnect free tablet scheme is easily accessible if you are an applicant for lifeline eligibility.
Continue reading this article until the end to find out how to apply for a TruConnect tablet and the requirements for documentation. I’m sure this will help.
What is TruConnect?
TruConnect is one of the telecom service providers. This is an American Virtual Network Operator. This company offers various services to its customers including hotspots, prepaid cell phone talk and text, smartphones, and 3G/4G LTE mobile data plans. Their users can also purchase portable Wi-Fi service plans.
The first prepaid broadband provider in America to offer pay-as-you-go service is TruConnect, founded in 2011 by Matthew Johnson. Data and other services can be paid for only when used.
All these services are available to participants who meet all requirements for the Affordable Connective Program (ACP) and take part in it.
TruConnect Free Tablets Programs Under ACP
TruConnect offers free tablets and other broadband services to low-income users. As part of their Emergency Broadband Benefit program or Lifeline Program, TruConnect provides all of these services.
Users with low incomes can also get it. With TruConnect, tablets are discounted by $100 with a $5 to $50 co-pay.
They provide free tablets to low-income people who need them, but cannot afford them because of their MRP so that they can buy a free tablet without investing in its MRP. Low-income Lifeline customers are not eligible for this deal.
EBB or Lifeline-eligible customers can also receive a free tablet or discounted tablet from TruConnect. You will be able to choose your model and type of tablet if you are eligible for the program. Provide all necessary documents and comply with all their requirements.
TruConnect free tablets required documents?
Documents required for TruConnect free tablets are important to know. Through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), TruConnect also offers free tablets to the EBB program or Lifeline-eligible participants. The documents for verification must be provided if you want to qualify for the program. You can get a free tablet from TruConnect if you submit the documents given below.
- Age: To qualify for the Free TruConnect tablet, participants must be over 18 years old or emancipated. Provide formal documents or certifications proving emancipation if you’re emancipated. TruConnect’s free tablet is only available then.
- Income: You need to show Federal, State, or Tribal tax returns, a Social Security Statement of benefits, or a current income statement from your employer to prove you are low-income. These documents show that you cannot afford to buy the tablet yourself due to low income.
- Address: You also need to show your address verification document. State IDs, tribal IDs, utility bills, or another government-issued ID are required.
- Residents: must also present their official identifying documents, including passports, driving licenses, Social Security numbers, state IDs, U.S. Military IDs, Tribal IDs, or other government-issued IDs.
- Approval: Proof of eligibility to participate in the EBB, Lifeline, or ACP program is required. To prove this, you need an approval letter, an award letter, or a statement of benefits.
- Status of Financial Conditions: Documents that prove your substantial loss of income include layoff notices, approval letters, benefit statements, evidence of bankruptcy, business closures, unemployment applications, etc.
- Unemployment or Jobless: You have to show a document of loss of income. If the business closes or goes bankrupt, provide the document. Your annual household income must be below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
For TruConnect’s free tablet, you need to show the following documents, even if you are eligible for the EBB, Lifeline, or ACP programs. You can provide the documents in Xerox, soft copy, or pictures, but you do not need to show the originals.
How do I qualify for a TruConnect free tablet?
This section must be read with full interest if you wish to qualify for a free tablet.
The TruConnect free tablet is not available to people not participating in Lifeline or EBB programs. For the TruConnect free tablet, you must meet the following standardized requirements. Let’s begin.
- Income–based Eligibility: Under the federal government program, you must earn less than 135% of the federal poverty level.
- Documents proving that you are low-income and live below the poverty line are required. There are required documents including income pay slips, tax documents, address proof, and other certificates.
- Government Program-Based Eligibility: Members of government-assisted programs are considered eligible. There are several government assistance programs, including Medicaid, food stamps, SSI, Federal public housing assistance, Survivors Benefits, and Veterans’ Pensions.
- Additionally, if you or anybody in your household participates in an official tribal assistance program, you are eligible. Food distribution programs or Indian reservations, head start (only households meeting income qualification standards), and Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance are some of these programs.
How to apply for a TruConnect free tablet?
Once you qualify for this program and get free tablets, it is a complicated process, but one thing you should know is the application process is very simple and you can follow some steps to do this. The application process is the only simple part after you qualify for the eligibility state.
You can apply for a free tablet through TruConnect in these steps, and all the steps are outlined below, so just follow them and register for a free tablet.
Apply for TruConnect Free Tablet via the TruConnect Website
Step 1: Visit the TruConnect website directly via the link.
Step 2: Fill out the application form after reaching the website by providing your name, address, phone number, date of birth, etc. The second thing is that you have to put your zip code and your email address at the bottom of the form. This is for the connecting process. In the end, you will have to click on the enroll button once you have done all this.
Step 3: You will be able to proceed with your application for the free tablet if your state is eligible under this program, but if your state is not eligible, you will be unable to proceed.
Step 4: The final step in the process is attaching your documents that prove the fact that you are eligible to participate in the ACP program and submitting the form to the officials. When you are done with all these steps, you will have to wait for TruConnect’s approval, and as soon as you are approved, you will receive a free tablet from TruConnect.
NOTE: There is one thing you must keep in mind; TruConnect will only be able to provide one Tablet to every single household.
What are the areas where TruConnect offers Lifeline and ACP programs?
As far as becoming eligible for a Lifeline and ACP program, if you would like to know which areas in the United States are covered by these programs, here is a list of which areas are available for your consideration.
These programs are currently available to residents of Arkansas, California, Georgia, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii Idaho, Indiana, Illinois, Lowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, and the United States of America. Virgin Islands.
You will be able to receive Lifeline and the ACP programs if you are a citizen of one of these states. Please click on the following link if you would like to learn more about the offers available in these states.
How to Activation TruConnect free tablet?
Here are the steps on how to activate your TruConnect tablet:
- Open the activation kit that came with your tablet.
- Find the SIM card and insert it into the tablet.
- Turn on the tablet and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will be prompted to enter your TruConnect account information.
- Once you have entered your account information, your tablet will be activated.
You can also activate your tablet by calling TruConnect customer service at 1-877-249-2240.
TruConnect application status
Here are the steps on how to check your TruConnect application status using the MyTruConnect account:
- Go to https://my.truconnect.com/ and sign in to your account.
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Under the “Application Status” section, you will see the status of your application.
What other benefits do I get with TruConnect EBB?
You will also get other benefits with TruConnect along with the free tablets. The citizens who are eligible for EBB or Lifeline will get a free month of broadband Internet and a free tablet.
TruConnect offers a number of additional benefits in addition to the ones mentioned above. Check out all the other benefits below and grab them at a discount.
- You will be offered 12.5 GB of 4G/LTE data if you are a lifeline customer outside of California. The lifeline plan comes with 8GB of additional data and Wi-Fi hotspot capability. TruConnect provides this benefit as one of its best.
- You can get 14 GB of 4G/LTE data if you are a Californian and a member of the California ACP plan. For the lifeline, you will get an additional 8GB of data. You’ll also be able to use Wi-Fi hotspots.
- There are many LTE-enabled hotspot devices and Google Play-certified LTE Android handsets to choose from which is an excellent feature of this program. It also offers Wi-Fi hotspots and 8GB of 4G/LTE data as standalone services.
These three benefits are extra benefits that come with the free tablet, but they are only provided to low-income citizens and to people who want to remain in contact with their loved ones. You can join virtual classrooms, stay connected with work or health services, and use many other apps to stay connected. This program offers many additional perks that will surely attract many of you.
You can also receive mobile phones in addition to tablets. You could benefit from two programs. Additionally, the tablets you receive are fast and up-to-date. Get the most out of the program, and when something is free, it’s hard to resist.
The great thing about tablets is that they can be accessed at any time and run various apps quickly, providing you with the performance you need. For free internet and free devices, join Truconnect’s programs if you think they’re too expensive. I hope this article gives you a brief description.