AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone 2023
AT&T is among the largest telecommunication companies in the US. Currently, the carrier is offering a 5G network connection. You will also find out whether you can get AT&T wireless free government phone.
In today’s world, staying connected is extremely important. Nevertheless, products and services associated with connectivity are becoming more expensive daily. This has made it even harder for low-income citizens who can barely afford basic needs. Fortunately, the government introduced free phone programs to ease their burden.
As part of the Lifeline program, the Federal Government provides free or affordable phones and services to those who qualify. Companies participating in the program provide these phones to those who qualify. Low-income households benefit from AT&T wireless’s reliable services and affordable rates. Customers who qualify are offered discounted or free phone and internet services.
We have covered the topic of getting AT&T wireless free government phones and other related issues in our guide today.
Free Tech Stuff:
- Get Free Tablet Offer By Qlink Wireless
- How To Get T-Mobile Free Tablet EBB Program
- How to Get Free Government Tablet For Low-Income Families
- How to Get Assurance Wireless Free Tablet
Why Did you Join AT&T Wireless?
Lifeline companies offer a wide range of services. Why should you choose AT&T wireless? Here are some of the reasons why this company stands out.
- It offers high data caps
AT&T offers a wide range of affordable and cheap unlimited data plans. Some of these plans have data limits or deprioritize data. As a result, the speed is likely to decrease after using a set amount of high-speed data, especially after congestion. Therefore, AT&T wireless stands out in the industry as it offers a high data cap, unlike most companies. This allows you to stream movies, watch live TV in HD, and play online games and your favorite songs seamlessly.
- Has wide coverage
No matter where you live, you are unlikely to be without AT&T network coverage. Approximately 97 percent of America is covered by the company’s network. In this way, you can rest, travel, or work with peace of mind knowing that this company has you covered.
- Offers the best-prepaid experience
There is no credit check, no annual contracts, and there is no activation fee for online orders. ATT offers the best-prepaid freedom. It offers discounts and perks that are hard to beat.
- Offers amazing phones
A wide selection of new and refurbished phones is available from ATT. The company offers phones of all brands and shapes. Their GSM technology delivers the fastest mobile broadband in America. They also provide unmatched voice quality and global roaming capabilities.
- Has affordable plans
ATT wireless offers a variety of affordable individual, family, prepaid, and data plans. For instance:
- AT&T unlimited elite plan that offers unlimited texts, talk, high-speed data, and 5G access for only $50 monthly per line when you get 4 lines.
- AT&T unlimited extra plan that offers unlimited everything (text, talk, and data) and 5G access for only $40 per month per line for 4 lines.
- AT&T unlimited starter plan that gives unlimited everything, 5G access, and unlimited everything in Mexico and Canada for only $35 per month per line when you get 4 lines.
Recommended for you:
What is Lifeline with AT&T?
With Lifeline, you can lower your monthly internet and phone costs if you’re on a limited income. The maximum discount you are entitled to is $5.25 on your phone bill and $9.25 on your internet bill if you qualify. The top-up discount of up to $25 is yours as a qualified applicant from federal tribal land. The discount for AT&T Lifeline is limited to one per household, however. Basically, you can choose either the phone discount or the internet discount, but not both. Furthermore, AT&T doesn’t offer lifeline discounts if you get discounts from other providers.
As well as offering cheap and affordable home internet service for eligible households, lifeline with ATT also offers phone service. The state of California requires that you participate in supplemental security income benefits.
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) with AT&T?
The ACP opens for enrollment on December 31, 2021. Under the Federal Government’s new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), wireless services or home internet can be discounted up to $30 per month for non-tribal land residents and up to $75 per month for tribal land residents.
How to Get AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone In 2023?
You can get a free AT&T wireless government phone with no hassle at all. Processes differ from one state to another, though. For example:
- In Texas, you can get your ATT wireless free government phone by calling 866.454.8387, applying online at texaslifeline.org, or mailing your application.
- Online applications can be submitted at puc.state.or.us/Pages/rspf/otap.aspx, or you can call 855.761.7994 for assistance if you are in Oregon.
- Call 800.288.2020 every weekday from 6 AM to 6 PM Pacific Time to get your free phone.
- You can get your ATT free phone by visiting Rushmore Crossing AT&T stores if you live in South Dakota, live on Pine Ridge reservations, or are a member of the Pine Ridge Oglala Sioux tribe. Rapid City, SD 57701 is located along 1325 Eglin Street, Suite 200
- Apply online through the national verifier, nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline, if you are located outside of Texas, California, Oregon, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, and the Virgin Islands. We are also available by phone every weekday from 8 AM to 8 PM at 866.512.1105.
How do I Qualify for AT&T Lifeline Program?
It’s prudent to know that not every citizen of the US qualifies to receive AT&T’s Lifeline program, which offers affordable phone and internet services. There are several qualifications to meet in order to qualify. Each state has its own requirements. To ensure eligibility for the AT&T lifeline program, you should check with your state first. All states have the same eligibility requirements.
1. Based on your income
Low-income households are eligible for this program. According to the federal poverty guidelines, the income limit is 135% of the federal poverty level. Each state has its own guidelines. For that reason, determine your eligibility state by checking the federal poverty guidelines.
2. Based on government assistance programs
Participation in any federal assistance program entitles you to this assistance. The supplemental nutrition assistance program, Medicaid, supplemental security income, veterans’ pensions, survivors’ benefits, and government-funded housing assistance are among them.
Qualifications required by others
To qualify for ATT free government phone, you must:
- ATT internet customers at an eligible location must be current and active customers.
- A qualifying plan must meet the lifeline’s minimum service standards.
- Your lifeline discount must be recertified every year or else you will lose it.
- You cannot receive lifeline discounts from any other company.
What Documents Need for AT&T Lifeline Program?
When applying for ATT lifeline programs, you need to attach a number of documents to your application form. This is to prove identity and eligibility. When attaching eligibility proof documents, you must provide copies as per your met requirement. For instance:
Documents based on income
- 3 consecutive months’ pay stubs
- Your last federal, tribal, or state tax return
Documents based on a government assistance program
- Federal Public housing assistance award letter
- Supplemental security income benefit letter
- Medicaid card or any other government assistance program cover letter.
Documents to prove identity
- State ID card or
- Driving license or
- Birth certificate
Application Process for AT&T Lifeline Program Approval
The application process for the AT&T lifeline program depends on your residential state. If you live outside Oregon, Texas, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, or Virgin Island, you can apply by:
- Visiting nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline
- Select your territory or state
- Click ‘’get started’’
- Fill in your personal information. This includes the official name, date of birth, social security number, and home address.
- Here, you will get two qualification options to select the one that defines you. Select whether you qualify for lifeline through your child/ dependent or through you.
- Attach eligibility proof and follow the proceeding steps to apply for the ATT lifeline program online.
What Kind of Phone is AT&T Giving for Free In 2023?
Following our research, we learned that ATT Lifeline does not offer free government phones. Rather, the company offers discounts for home telephones and wireless internet. If, however, you want free phone service, do not despair. In addition, there are other deals offered by the company that offers free phones to new and existing customers when they trade in an eligible device. You can see the free phones below.
- Galaxy S21 5G
An impressive 12MP camera is present on the back of this phone, along with features like panorama and auto-HDR. In addition, this smartphone has a 10MP selfie camera, 8 GB of RAM, and internal storage of up to 256 GB. As well, it features a fast-charging 4000mAh battery, fingerprint sensor, and stereo speakers.
- Galaxy Z flip 3 5G
With 8GB of RAM, 256GB of internal storage, a single front camera with a resolution of 10 MP, and a dual camera with a resolution of 12 MP, with LED flash, panorama, and HDR features, it is the latest model of smartphone on the market. The phone is also equipped with a 3300mAh battery with fast and reverse wireless charging that lasts for a long time on a single charge. The smartphone also has special features such as audio speakers, proximity, a compass, as well as fingerprint sensors.
- iPhone 13 Pro
This phone has a 6-inch XDR OLED with Super Retina resolution, scratch-and-water-resistant ceramic glass, 1 TB of internal memory, and 6 GB of RAM. Additionally, it has quad 12 MP rear cameras, as well as dual 12 MP front-facing cameras.
- iPhone 13
Featuring a 6-inch XDR OLED super retina display, this model is another excellent option. A 12-megapixel main camera as well as a 12-megapixel front camera. In addition, it has a long-lasting 3240mAh non-removable battery; it is also fast charging and wireless charging with Qi magnetic technology.
Which States does ATT Wireless Provide Free Government Phones?
- North and south Dakota
- West Virginia
- South Carolina
- Wisconsin among others.
Does ATT Provide a Free EBB Tablet?
Sadly, no. As an EBB and ACP participant, AT&T wireless helps eligible consumers stay connected with lower monthly bills on broadband services. In practice, though, the company does not offer free EBB tablets. Eligible members can qualify for a one-time $100 discount on tablets, laptops, or desktop computers from participating providers.
Does ATT Provide Food Stamp Internet?
Definitely. AT&T is now offering low-cost internet services to qualifying households through a program known as Access from AT&T. At least one person in your home must qualify for the US supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP), formerly known as food stamps. You must provide a copy of your Food Stamp or SNAP card in order to be eligible for the AT&T food stamp internet program.
AT&T operates in the US as a telecommunications company. Services include voice calls, texts, and data. Customers can also purchase AT&T-compatible phones. In addition to offering regular services, AT&T also offers the Lifeline program which provides free phone service and discounts on home internet access. AT&T participates in the Electronic Billboard Program as well.